Oct 7, 2008

And now she is 12

I know this is a little late but it's finally being posted. Kyrie, against parental advice, has turned 12. I mean, I know it had to come eventually but did it have to happen so soon. I know some of you would remind me that time is an immutable law of nature but I would say, "Pah!" to you. Have you ever heard of Time Lords? ;-) But seriously, I could have used just a little more time to get adjusted to the idea of her moving in on teenaged-ness...like another 6 years or so is all I ask.

She is, of course, giddy with excitement to be getting more grown up. In our church, 12 is when the kids move out of the children's organization into the youth organization. She's thrilled to be in Young Women now. We have a group of very nice girls with very involved and caring leaders. She's getting to wear a little make up now (mascara, light eyeshadow, soft lipstick) and she's doing a nice job with that. Her allowance has bumped up and she now buys all her own clothes & personal items. She was just a teeny bit excited about that change. We're going shopping tomorrow for our first clothes-shopping adventure under the new regime.

She's also very excited that she's getting a bedroom makeover. She'd mentioned wishing for a more grown-up look for a while and so this is what we gave her. Can't wait to get past the cute bedding she picked out:

Kyr bdrm present

We both love her so much, of course, as her parents, but we also like her so much. She's such a generous, loving, witty, amusing person. While it was definitely never our intent to have an only child, she is just the exact child we would want. We're so excited to see the young woman she's growing into and are so proud of her. What a blessing she is in our lives. We love you, Kyr!

Planner Front

9 comments:

Secret Agent Crazy-Person said...

Thanks Mom! I love you too!

Uhh, and just for... um... later reference, I'm a Time LADY... Just... you... know... ARGH! I'm gonna go find something somewhat educational to do till you get so I can go SHOPPING!

Michelle said...

This is so sweet, I can't believe she's 12!

Jay said...

It's pretty crazy that she's twelve already. And yet so like-able! Yall really have done a great job with her. She's awesome!

I can't wait to see her "new" room! :D

Melissa-Mc said...

Happy Birthday, Kyrie! You are going to LOVE Beehives.

Souxsie, I love the photo collage. Cute! And what an awesome gift. My birthday is coming up, ya know... :)

Whitebread said...

Very cute! it's so fun/slightly heartbreaking that she is growing up. It's so strange that we're in YW together! It's just too weird to tell people that one of my very best friends is my twelve year old niece.
well done suki.
i love you all
ani

Becca said...

You're little lady sure is getting old!! I swear that it was just 2-3 years ago that Kyr was 3, but whatever, she apparently thinks she's 12. :-)
Great idea for a birthday present and I very much hope you'll post some pictures of the finished product! I new bedroom is always fun!
Happy Birthday (last month), Kyrie!!

Teresa said...

Yeah, I can't believe she's 12 either. But I already told you that repeatedly...

Charisse said...

Wow, I read this a while ago and forgot to comment. So sorry..... Kyr is beautiful and I love the photoshopping you have done. How exciting that she is on that new level.....but still sad that she is growing up..just like you said. She will always be your baby!
Love Charisse

4sweetboys1princess said...

So, can I call her to baby-sit now?? The photo collage is very cute.