Oct 9, 2008

Boys Have Cooties, Ya' Hear!

So, tonight, my baby girl was dancing with BOYS!! Didn't she know that they have cooties? Did I forget to tell her that? And that cooties are bad...at least for a few more years anyway. Q She had her first joint Young Men/Young Women activity tonight. It was combined with another ward's youth group so it was quite the to do. It was dance instruction in either swing dancing or line dancing. Kyrie went with swing. She had a hard time hearing the instruction but still managed to have a good time. She got to dance with 4 different boys, all of whom were from the other ward, I think. She had a good time.


Today, I also showed my slightly-demented nature in my latest creation. I made a font folder. I am a font addict. I love them. I recently went through my fonts folder to clean out the ones I didn't really want. That meant I went from almost 800 fonts down to just over 500. What does a person do with 500 fonts you may ask? Well, not too much if you can't remember which ones you have so I made my font folder. I made a table in Microsoft Word. In the first column, I typed in all my font names. That was like a speed-typing game...that went on forever. Then, in the 2nd column, I typed the alphabet in capital & lower cases along with 0-9 and put it in that row's font. Yes, I did just copy it over and over rather than typing it. It ended up being 40 pages long which was pretty funny to me. It's now in page protectors in its own folder and I love my fonts!! I can't believe how many cute ones I had that I was totally unaware of. I look forward to my further adventures in digital scrapbooking with my font catalog. Yes, I know I'm silly.

8 comments:

Whitebread said...

Siouxsie, I have a bone to pick with you. Now I think that I have been taking this whole "Kyrieann has to grow up at some point so why not now?" thing quite well considering that I can't bear it, but dancing with cootie infested boys crosses the line. And it doesn't just cross a toe over the line, oh no, it's bounds and leaps over the line!!! I admit I am infuriated! As her favorite auntie I enforce the rule that not until she is 25 is she allowed to date, and only men that I approve. I am sad that it has come to this, but sometimes an outside force has to step in with things get so far out of hand.
I'm just playing(sort of) and I am glad she had lots of fun! and about the font folder, well i would expect nothing less of you sioux! i love you all and miss you oodles
ani

Teresa said...

I'd have to agree with ani. What's up with Kyrie even talking to boys? Isn't she still in nursery? I don't get this...

And, yes, I think you are crazy with your fonts. That being said, I'd love to look through them at some point!

Love you.

Charisse said...

You are so funny with your latest addictions!
Wow, your girl went dancing. I bet that was different and fun for her! She is really growing up!
Hehe...your sisters....hehe
Love Charisse

Scott-n-Allison said...

any recommendations for cute FREE fonts? I'd love to add some to my collection

queen~e said...

silly? no. genius... very possible.... ;)

Melissa-Mc said...

Are you selling your font catalog? :)

J D C and N said...

Wow dancing with boys!! It seems just like yesterday I was teaching Kyrie in Primary! Holy cow. Love the fonts by the way. :) I also enjoy downloading fonts for my computer. hehe

paula said...

How did this happen??? She turned 12!!!! Good luck with that. Paula