Oct 26, 2008

Figure Skating=Happiness

As some of you may know, I'm just the teeniest bit in love with figure skating. I watch (and record) just about every competition I can get my eyes on. I wait all summer for cursed heat to finally fade and the Grand Prix of Figure Skating to ramp up, leading to 6 delightful weekends full of axels, salchows, and spectacular spills before the big final. I love it! It's a fantastic lead up to Nationals and then Worlds. As we're getting closer to the next Winter Olympics, it gets even more interesting.

Well, this weekend is Skate America. I've got it recording on my DVR so I can watch it tomorrow. I go to the website that tracks the TV schedule to be sure I get the rest of them recorded...and discover that apparently, my life is an empty meaningless wasteland of no televised ice skating. I feel like an empty husk. Ok, not really, but I am a little miffed to discover that Skate America is the only competition out of the Grand Prix that they're broadcasting. ?!?!?!! What figure-skating gods did I offend? I am sad. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to comfort myself with things of actual substance and significance in the eternal scheme of things. But dang, I'm going to miss the sounds of blades gliding across the ice's surface...oh and that big thud when the blades don't quite make it into place quickly enough at the end of a jump. Sad, sad, sad.

8 comments:

Darilyn said...

I had no idea that you liked figure skating so much. This is why I love blogs. It's great to find out about each other.

Charisse said...

I didn't realise you like figure skating. I love it as well! Do you skate? Sorry your show was not on :-)
Love Charisse

Tonya said...

You could rent "The Cutting Edge". It's some pretty exciting ice skating stuff and a love story all in one:0)

Becca said...

What you like ice skating??!! I had not idea. :-) You were the one that taught me all the info I know on figure skating. I haven't watched it in a long time but I remember watching it with you a lot and it was always fun. It really is fun to watch.

J D C and N said...

I didn't know you liked figure skating so much. How fun! I really enjoy watching it as well when I have the chance.

Teresa said...

I didn't know you liked figure skating so much. (is there some rule that we all have to say that as our first sentence in our comment?) Okay, so maybe I TOTALLY knew you love it. I hope I would, considering I'm your sister and live not very far away...and watch figure skating too!

Siouxsie said...

Wait. Who is this again?
;-)

Whitebread said...

I had no idea you liked figure skating. (just following the rule) and that really sucks that it's all screwed up! i'm sorry! i love reading your blog though, you're so funny!